Taking Satellite Communications into the Future
As global bandwidth demand continues to explode, satellite communications have become the clear choice of service providers for delivering always-on broadband connectivity for any application to any point on the planet. The proliferation of very high throughput satellites (VHTS) and Non GEO Satellite Orbit (NGSO) constellations as well as technological advances such as 5G, have removed the cost barriers for satellite connectivity and opened up huge business opportunities and new markets for service providers.
Developing new, cutting-edge products and finding creative ways to take advantage of existing and emerging satellite communications technologies is what separates Gilat from the competition and provides added value for our customers.
For over 30 years, Gilat has been a pioneer and leading innovator in satellite communications. Our dedication to constant product and business innovation places our customers at the forefront of the dynamic satellite communications industry. We invest heavily in R&D and operate five R&D centers worldwide, where our skilled engineers develop innovative, future-ready solutions to support evolving customer and market needs.
Gilat is proud of its track record for market-leading product innovations. Here are just a few examples of ground-breaking technologies developed and enhanced by Gilat to support a wide variety of applications:
- Scalable, cloud-based, Software Defined (SDN) X-Architecture evolution to Network Functions Virtualization (NFV)
- 5G CBH Ready – Higher speed modems, efficient transmission, cloud-based X-architecture evolution to SDN/NFV, flexible network and service sharing, embedded MEC functionality and VSAT and multi-orbit support for latency sensitive applications
- LEO – Record achievements with advanced technological capabilities and innovation in support of LEO satellites. Industry-first milestone achieved in demonstrating high speed, broadband connectivity during live in-flight testing and exceptional demonstration of maritime applications requiring global coverage, exceptionally low latency and high bit-rate
- Outstanding performance and efficiency
- Innovative wideband DVB-S2X forward channel with dynamic slices
- Quick adaptive five-dimensional return channel (power, symbol rate, modulation, coding and spread spectrum factor)
- Patented embedded acceleration techniques that allow mobile network operators to achieve true LTE speeds while overcoming the inherent delay in satellite communications
- Virtual Network with SLA and mobility-service customization; when combined with Cloud Quality of Service (QoS) provides global networks bandwidth management
- Electronically-Steered Array/Phased-Array Antenna (ESA /PAA) technology for on the move communications
- Open platform Dual-band (Ku/Ka) airborne satellite antenna for in-flight connectivity applications
- Fastest airborne modem reaching speeds of 400Mbps
- Spatially power-combined amplifier for delivering high efficiency, high power in compact packages