– Improved profitability objective for 2014 based on strong backlog
and strong cash position –
Petah Tikva, Israel – February 18, 2014 – Gilat Satellite Networks Ltd. (NASDAQ, TASE: GILT), a worldwide leader in satellite networking technology, solutions and services, today reported its results for the fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2013.
Key Financial Updates:
Revenues for the fourth quarter of 2013 were $55.7 million, compared to $76.5 million for the same period in 2012. Revenues for the year ended December 31, 2013 were $234.9 million, compared to $271.6 million in the year ended December 31, 2012.
On a non-GAAP basis, operating loss was $0.1 million in the fourth quarter of 2013 as compared to an operating income of $5.6 million in the comparable quarter of 2012. Operating income for 2013 on a non-GAAP basis was $4.4 million compared to operating income of $19.1 million 2012.
On a non-GAAP basis, net loss for the quarter was $1.0 million or $.02 per diluted share compared to net income of $6.6 million or $.15 per diluted share in the same quarter of 2012. Net loss for 2013 on a non-GAAP basis was $1.1 million compared to net income of $17.6 million in 2012.
EBITDA for the fourth quarter of 2013 reached $2.5 million compared with $8.9 million in the comparable period in 2012. EBITDA for the twelve months of 2013 reached $16.3 million compared with $30.7 million in the comparable period in 2012.
“2013 was a challenging year for Gilat,” said Erez Antebi, CEO of Gilat. “Looking forward, we have worked to streamline the Company and its cost structure. We begin 2014 with a healthy balance sheet, strong cash position and a backlog which has more than doubled from 2013. And, we have successfully positioned ourselves in growing markets with many opportunities.”
Fourth Quarter 2013 Financial Statements
Key Recent Announcements:
– Gilat Introduces CellEdge, a Breakthrough Small Cell over Satellite Solution Specifically Designed for Unserved Rural Areas;
– THAICOM Launches Fast Internet Connectivity Service, Powered by Gilat Satellite Equipment;
– Gilat and Gilat Satcom to Supply Fixed and On-the-Move Satellite Services to Israeli Government;
– Gilat Awarded $30 Million Project by Peru’s Fitel in Support of the Integracion Amazonica Loreto Initiative;
– Gilat Awarded $99-Million Project from Colombia’s MINTIC;
– Gilat Announces the Closing of the Sale of Spacenet Subsidiary.
Conference Call and Webcast Details:
Gilat management will host a conference call today at 14:30 GMT / 09:30 EST / 16:30 IST (Israel Standard Time) to discuss the results. International participants are invited to access the call at (972) 3-918-0609, and US-based participants are invited to access the call by dialing (888) 668-9141. A replay of the conference call will be available beginning at approximately 17:00 GMT/ 12:00 EST/ 19:00 IST today, until 17:00 GMT/ 12:00 EST/ 19:00 IST February 20, 2014. International participants are invited to access the replay at (972) 3-925-5904, and US-based participants are invited to access the replay by dialing (888) 326-9310. A replay of the call may also be accessed as a webcast via Gilat’s website at gilat.com and will be archived for 30 days.
(1) The attached summary financial statements were prepared in accordance withU.S.Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). The attached summary financial statements are unaudited. To supplement the consolidated financial statements presented in accordance with GAAP, the Company presents Gilat’s EBITDA before the impact of non-cash share-based payment charges, depreciation and amortization, other income and other costs related to acquisition transactions. Non-GAAP presentations of net income, EBITDA and earnings per share are provided to enhance the understanding of the Company’s historical financial performance and comparability between periods.
(2) Operating income before depreciation, amortization, non-cash stock option expenses as per ASC 718 (formerly SFAS 123(R)) and other costs related to acquisition transactions (‘EBITDA’) is presented because it is a measure commonly used and is presented solely in order to improve the understanding of the Company’s operating results and to provide further perspective on these results. EBITDA, however, should not be considered as an alternative to operating income or net income for the period as an indicator of the operating performance of the Company.
Similarly, EBITDA should not be considered as an alternative to cash flows from operating activities as a measure of liquidity. EBITDA is not a measure of financial performance under generally accepted accounting principles and may not be comparable to other similarly titled measures for other companies. EBITDA may not be indicative of the historic operating results of the Company; nor is it meant to be predictive of potential future results. Reconciliation between the Company’s Operating income and EBITDA is presented in the attached summary financial statements.
About Gilat Satellite Networks Ltd.
Gilat Satellite Networks Ltd (NASDAQ, TASE: GILT) is a leading provider of products and services for satellite-based broadband communications. Gilat develops and markets a wide range of high-performance satellite ground segment equipment and VSATs, with an increasing focus on the consumer and Ka-band market. In addition, Gilat enables mobile SOTM (Satellite-on-the-Move) solutions providing low-profile antennas, next generation solid-state power amplifiers and modems. Gilat also provides managed network and satellite-based services for rural telephony and Internet access via its subsidiaries in Peru and Colombia.
With over 25 years of experience, and over a million products shipped to more than 85 countries, Gilat has provided enterprises, service providers and operators with efficient and reliable satellite-based connectivity solutions, including cellular backhaul, banking, retail, e-government and rural communication networks. Gilat also enables leading defense, public security and news organizations to implement advanced, on-the-move tactical communications on board their land, air and sea fleets using Gilat’s high-performance SOTM solutions. For more information, please visit us at gilat.com
Certain statements made herein that are not historical are forward-looking within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. The words “estimate”, “project”, “intend”, “expect”, “believe” and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties. Many factors could cause the actual results, performance or achievements of Gilat to be materially different from any future results, performance or achievements that may be expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements, including, among others, changes in general economic and business conditions, inability to maintain market acceptance to Gilat’s products, inability to timely develop and introduce new technologies, products and applications, rapid changes in the market for Gilat’s products, loss of market share and pressure on prices resulting from competition, introduction of competing products by other companies, inability to manage growth and expansion, loss of key OEM partners, inability to attract and retain qualified personnel, inability to protect the Company’s proprietary technology and risks associated with Gilat’s international operations and its location in Israel. For additional information regarding these and other risks and uncertainties associated with Gilat’s business, reference is made to Gilat’s reports filed from time to time with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
David Leichner, Gilat Satellite Networks Ltd.
(972) 3 925 2009